This site was created to address the following Virginia Science SOL:
3.6 The student will investigate and understand that environments support a diversity of plants and animals that share limited resources. Key concepts include:
1. water-related environments (pond, marshland, swamp, stream, river, and ocean environments).
2. dry-land environments (desert, grassland, rainforest, and forest environments).
This site also addresses Content Standard C of the National Science Standards. As a result of activities in grades K-4, all students should develop and understanding of
1. The characteristics of organisms.
2. Life cycles of organisms.
3. Organisms and environments.