“Understanding the Nutrition Facts Label”
Understanding the Nutrition Facts Label
Jun 16, 2008
Technical Allied Health
- Learners take a close look at the information on product labels concerning fat, fiber, and serving sizes. A quiz follows the lesson.
- Type of Material:
- A basic review of the product labels on food sources.
- Recommended Uses:
- An excellent resource to add to a nutrition or personal health class.
- Technical Requirements:
- Java Applet
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- A comprehensive review of all components of the food level with a concentration on the fat contents in various foods.
- Target Student Population:
- High School and entry level college courses. A good review for nursing and dental students on reading labels.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Comprehensive and easy to understand components of a nutrition label.
- May be too elementary for students.
- Students will understand the components of the label and the quiz at the end of the presentation is a good teaching tool.
- Easy to understand and the progression of the teaching module is clear.
- Creative Commons: