“Asia Profiles - Country Comparisons”
Asia Profiles - Country Comparisons
Dec 11, 2008
- This module provides a large volume of resources with information about Asian
countries, their societies, and cultures. The site includes a range of
articles, speeches, and statistics from entertainment and current events to
those related to the politics, and history and of Asian countries.
A map is provided for each country, and information on Geography, Demographics, Economy, Communication, Transportation, and Military.
- Type of Material:
- Reference Material
- Recommended Uses:
- Individual students or teams can use the material for in-class or out-of-class
activities. The content can also be used to prepare lectures or presentations.
- Technical Requirements:
- Browser, HTML and at least 56K speed modem.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The major goal of this module is to inform and teach those who visit the site
seeking a variety of facts, statistics, and general information about Asia and
- Target Student Population:
- The target population includes students of any age group at educational levels
starting with high school.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Reading, comprehension skills, and online research techniques are the only
prerequisites for using the material.
- The module contains excellent historical, geo-political, economic, artistic and
cultural materials. The content is accurate and current, and at the same time
the user has access to previous information stored in the archives of many
topics. Currency is evident in the existence of a Calendar link that connects
to a variety of activities in areas such as Policy Issue, Social Issues, Culture
and Special Events.
The module includes interviews with persons qualified to address important
subjects in a variety of areas. The material is also self contained and can be
used in several ways to provide information that the user requires.
The Asia site provides access to data and information for research projects. The
site is very informative and interesting. It provides excellent educational
subjects, new ideas, and materials that can be used in any educational
environment as well as by the general public.
- The information needs to be updated in some areas such as in the special reports which were dated from 2004.
- This is an excellent teaching tool for courses such World History, Western
Civilization, Consumer Economics, International Business, Consumer Economics,
Cultural Geography and Asian History. The content provides material that enables
students to easily prepare written and oral assignments. A wide variety of
research projects, oral presentations, debates, and analytical discussions can
be assigned from this module.
With the volume and variety of innovation available, the user can learn and
collect a large amount of information in a short time. The module can satisfy
many teaching/learning objectives.
- This site is simple and easy to use. It is not cluttered, and the links make it
effortless to navigate the pages. Without a lot of whistles,
it is attractive
with visually appealing design and arrangement.
The module has links to related sites such as those at Ask Asia that include
interactive activities. These can be used by teachers, students, and kids.
Activities include lesson plans, games and activities.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Excellent resource for a variety of courses...arts & culture, business & economics, social issues and policy & government.
- Creative Commons: