“Riso Hudson Enneagram RHETI test”
Riso Hudson Enneagram RHETI test
Apr 25, 2010
- The Riso Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator (RHETI) is a 144-item instrument that is designed to measure personality type. The RHETI is based upon Enneagram theory, a psychospiritual tradition that delineates nine personality types.
It hosts a plethora of information, in multiple languages, to include a free sampler test, a free brief QUEST, fully validate test, type attitude sorter, and an instinctual variants questionnaire. The sampler test and the QUEST are free and the others require a small fee. Test recommendations and interpretations are also provided.
The RHETI is available via the web site for the Enneagram Institute.
- Type of Material:
- Reference material, quiz/test, workshop and training material, and interviews.
- Recommended Uses:
- The material could be used as a homework assignment or an in-class activity. Instructors could direct students to read about Enneagram theory on the Enneagram web site, take the free RHETI Sampler, and reflect upon and discuss the meaning of the results. Instructors could "link" the Enneagram web site to an online course web site.
- Technical Requirements:
- Internet browser; Adobe PDF Reader; audio capable computer; Microsoft Powerpoint or Open Office; WinZip or other zip decompression tool.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Provide Enneagram personality-based tests;
Make test recommendations based on user needs and functions;
Provide an interpretation of the test-based results;
Provide information, reference materials, training programs and workshops related to the Enneagram-based personality framework
- Target Student Population:
- Undergraduate and graduate students, therapists, teachers and business leaders.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of using an Internet Browser.
- The site provides a plethora of information regarding the Enneagram-based personality framework. The Type Descriptions, Practical Applications, and Test Results sections are extremely informative and effective tools. Overall, the site is very well integrated and informative.
[Note: It provides an interesting alternative to and/or point of comparison with the much-administered Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.]
- The instrument’s validation background appears somewhat limited.
- This information contained on this site provides Enneagram background information, invaluable assessment tools, and actual personality-based testing that can supplement any college-level or professional training program.
- Instructors will need to provide an appropriate learning context. For example, why is it useful to measure personality type? What are the characteristics of good vs. poor personality type assessment? How does the RHETI compare with other personality type assessments?
- The web site contains a free sample of the RHETI as well as background articles and information. Of particular interest for students and instructors are the web links entitled "Practical Applications" and "The Enneagram in Business."
Very functionally designed and easy to navigate from section-to-section and page-to-page.
- Many materials on the Enneagram web site must be purchased. The entire 144-item instrument is associated with a $10 fee. (Volume discounts are explained on the web site.)
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Overall, the RHETI and the Enneagram Institute web site provide a good opportunity for students to learn about and actually experience a personality type instrument.
- Creative Commons: