Mar 4, 2010
Technical Allied Health
- A hypertext book with a chapter covering the details if the pancreas as both an exocrine and endocrine organ. Can be used as a self-learning study guide or as an adjunct to classroom materials.
- Type of Material:
- Hypertext book. Didactic presentation with graphics, photos, and animation. Many hyper links to more detail of the discussion are found throughout.
- Recommended Uses:
- Could be utilized in the classroom to augment a lecture on the pancreas /digestive system or as a self-study tool.
- Technical Requirements:
- Computer with Java script.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Gross and microscopic anatomy of the pancreas
Exocrine secretions of the pancreas
Control of pancreatic exocrine secretion
Advanced and supplemental topics related to physiology of the pancreas
Histology of the pancreas
- Target Student Population:
- Geared for students taking anatomy & physiology at an entry or more advanced level.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- No prior knowledge of the human body is necessary. Basic computer skills, use of mouse.
- Graphics are very nice, microscopic slides are large enough to see detail. Glossary is detailed and easy to use. Information presented is accurate and thorough. Hyperlinks within the text make navigating simple.
- The comprehensive review of the pancreas will be an excellent precursor to diseases involving the pancreas. This hypertext book mirrors a hard copy textbook. Contains a detailed table of contents, summarizes information at precise places in the text. Glossary is thorough and is linked throughout the hypertext.
- The entry-level student may find the vast amount of information overwhelming.
- Hyperlinks within the text, true life photos, microscopic slides and graphics are of high quality.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- A wealth of information is presented in an organized fashion. Direct connections of the pancreas to both exocrine and endocrine organ systems is well done.
- Creative Commons: