“Know Your Banking Terms”
Know Your Banking Terms
Apr 23, 2010
- A bingo-type interactive online game that teaches participants twenty-four basic banking terms
- Type of Material:
- Drill and practice.
- Recommended Uses:
- In class and individual usage.
- Technical Requirements:
- Flash Player
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- To provide drill and practice in a fun way to learn banking terms.
- Target Student Population:
- High school or college level business students at the undergraduate level.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Basic banking terms
- This module is clear, concise, accurate, current and relevant. It is such a fun little game that most students would repeat it several times and in the process learn basic banking terms. Users get only one chance to select the correct definition for a term per game. The questions are randomly generated so that each time the game is replayed the order of the questions change. The game also scores correct responses and the number of bingo obtained while attempting to fill the board.
- This module identifies learning objectives and is very efficient. Students typically love this type of discrete "game". It has a positive reinforcement in the "ding" received every time the correct term that matches the given definition is selected. It gives you a funny little noise when a term is missed.
- Prerequisite knowledge is not identified. Since the module is a game on term definition, relationships between concepts are not demonstrated, nor are concepts reinforced progressively.
- The bingo game meets all of the ease of use qualities desired by MERLOT. In addition, it has substance. It is is easy to use, engaging, visually appealing, and interactive. The terms are up-to-date and relevant to banking today. A few of the terms tested are: E-check, encryption, and debit card, all relevant to today's online banking environment.
- Creative Commons: