“Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands”
Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
Oct 26, 2010
Technical Allied Health
- Review of the parathyroid and thyroid glands including an overview of Endocrinology. There are beginner to advanced reference to pathophysiology.
- Type of Material:
- Recommended Uses:
- Supportive/supplement material for course work, homework, lecture.
- Technical Requirements:
- Java script
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The student will learn to understand endocrinology and explore the meanings of common terms often used to discuss the endocrine system and how chemical communication occurs.
- Target Student Population:
- Advanced Biology or upper level health care/para professional health care students.
Beginner to expert level anatomy and physiology
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Medical terminology a must. Basic computer skills.
- In-depth explanations of each step of the chemical communication process and its importance to the endocrine system
Comprehensive and thorough. Graphics and animation a plus.
- The in-depth definitions of the endocrine system would overwhelm a lower level student.
- Comprehensive materials, thorough explanations, links lead to relevant supporting documentation.
Bright animations are noted on each page
- Goes from basic to advanced level very quickly. Could be overwhelming to beginner.
- Easy to use, quick links are functional easily loading web pages. Hyperlinks that takes the learner to the glossary for explanation of terms.
- User can become lost and overwhelmed during navigation. Material links to links which links to more material. Finding way back is difficult, must click through everything or go to index and start over.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Dynamic hyper text, appropriate for beginner to expert. Great charts, visuals, diagrams and animation.
- Creative Commons: