This site was developed by the European Commission of the European Union which has given it the name of Eurostat. Eurostat’s mission is to provide the European Union with high-quality statistical information and publications.
Type of Material:
• This site can be used for sophomore through graduate level students.
• Excellent for homework, individual or team activities.
• Good business research source.
Identify Major Learning Goals:
• The site offers the student an excellent research source of statistics and published articles detailing the European Union.
• Students will also discover links to other good sources of information on European Union member nations.
Target Student Population:
• This site can be used by beginning learners and would be useful for graduate level students.
• This site will work well for any discipline requiring statistical data on the European Union.
Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
• No prerequisite, good for beginners and up.
Evaluation and Observation
The site is scholarly and is updated almost daily. The site appears to be highly objective. It is a very authentic source (EU).
Potential Effectiveness as a Teaching Tool
The site is a wealth of good information in one source. Students can learn much by using this site. The site links to other sites that are excellent for more specific data on individual nations.
Ease of Use for Both Students and Faculty
The site is easy to use even for a beginning learner and is an excellent time saver in research time. Beginners through graduate students will have access to a lot of very good data in one source. The site is easy to navigate and flows logically.
Other Issues and Comments:
High value should be placed on a site that gives accurate information that can be culled very quickly. This site definitely offers both of these qualities and therefore, highly recommended.