“100+ Case Studies: Social Media Marketing Examples”
100+ Case Studies: Social Media Marketing Examples
May 21, 2013
- This is a compilation of links to blog posts and articles documenting examples of companies and associations using social media for marketing. It is organized by category.
Simplify, the name of the firm, offers an array of interesting case studies, articles, blogs, access to current news stories and other material that keep web site visitors up to date on new social media marketing strategies and sample applications. There are many links describing strategies used by firms for such brands as Coca Cola, Kodak, and Aunt Jemima. In addition to brands, the following additional categories are covered: education, financial services, government, hospitality, legal services, and museums, to name a few. There is also a tab at the top that links to an excellent resource library!
- Type of Material:
- Recommended Uses:
- This site can be used as a resource for students completing in-class or out-of-class assignments.
- Technical Requirements:
- Computer access to the Internet.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The purpose of this site is to offer case studies and other materials that bring inbound marketing, content marketing strategies, blogs, and social media marketing to life for the viewer. The goal is for the user to have access to a variety of examples of the effective use of social media.
- Target Student Population:
- Undergraduate or graduate marketing course
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Basic understanding of social media
- This site contains a multitude of current links for educating the student in social media marketing. This site provides a wide variety of effective use of social media in a number of different types of industries and organizations.
- The site is a great source of examples of social media, but makes no attempt to provide a tutorial on social media. The instructor will need to provide context and design an assignment to leverage the examples. If the material in this module is used as an assignment the professor needs to structure the task since this wonderful site is filled with many links and the student could easily get side-tracked during exploration.
- As a collection, the site provides links to articles and blog sites. It would be very easy to write an assignment that incorporates the material. A student can see a wide variety of social media examples in a short period of time. Outstanding number of links and materials to choose from and easy to explore.
- The site is not designed to be a traditional teaching module, and thus does not identify learning objectives or progressively build on concepts.
- The site is very easy to use. It is organized into categories by type of example (e.g., entertainment, education, government, retail). It contains a brief description of each entry followed by a link to the material, which is either a blog post or an article. It is very engaging.
- The site has a very basic design. Some links are stale and no longer work.
- Creative Commons: