“WiZIQ Online Teaching ,E-Learning, and Live e-tutoring for Education”
WiZIQ Online Teaching ,E-Learning, and Live e-tutoring for Education
Dec 17, 2012
- WiZIQ Online Teaching, E-Learning, and Live e-tutoring for Education is independent platform for instructors, presentors, and tutors to create their own online classrooms, recruit students, and collect course fees. There is a live video chat capability for synchronous learning and a recording function for asynchronous learning. The resource could also be used to support a traditional classroom and virtual learning learning communities using the resource sharing options.
- Type of Material:
- The resource is a shell for an online course or workshop. Presentations can be posted within the course. It can also be used as a social networking tool.
- Recommended Uses:
- •Examples of recommended use (s) include online teaching k-12, tutoring, and online assessments, university online courses and blended courses, professional learning activities for universities and organizations. The site could be used to provide a virtual meeting place for a team project, to give a test, and to give supplemental course instruction for a traditional classroom environment.
- Technical Requirements:
- Undestanding of programming for the web, and any website such as Internet Explorer, Foxfire or Google Chrome.
You can test how it appears on Internet Explorer at http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/
An account must be created to view the actual site.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The resource provides an opportunities for synchronous and asynchronous learning. Each course has its own learning goals.
•This workshop and training material provides an overview on creating a virtual classroom that may be used to offer tutoring, extended learning, and personalizing learning for students.
• Teachers may create and develop course content, and assessments .
•Consultants and Trainers may develop and deliver professional learning materials through individual or organizational portals.
- Target Student Population:
- The resource is for instructors, tutors, and trainers at all grade levels. Middle school, high school, college students, graduate students, and adult learners could use the resource to search for classes and teachers on various subjects such as GMAT, French, and guitar lessons.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- An account must be created to use. There is a 30 day free trial available for the paid plans. There is also a free plan available that does not expire. Courses have varying fees posted which must be paid in order to enroll in them.
- Accordingly, components and function of the virtual classroom such as presenting the content to help students acheive positive learning outcomes through opportunities such as tutoring, extended learning, and personalizing learning, which is educationally significant.
- Although the author cites knowledge of programming for the web,there is no pre-requisite knowledge indicated regarding advanced learning in the discipline, such as knowledge of the content,subject matter, assessment strategies , or knowledge of using the results to inform instruction. Also, based on research and best practice, pre-requisite knowledge of the teachers' comptetency in assessing students ability to integrate tecnology in the assignment as a part of the assessment process should also be considered for advanced learning in the discipline.
- Various classes on different topics can be created instantaneously. It seems like a flexible platform to improve access to learning materials.
- The courses are not accredited. Rewviewers were not able to review course materials for quality and accuracy without paying a fee to enroll in the course.
- The virtual class room is flexible and can accommodate various learning environments. The homepage has bright, bold, and oversized titles to direct the user to the different sections. A telephone number for sales information is posted or a message can be left. There is also a live chat feature for support.
- Reviewers could not view a sample course shell without an acccount. There was no demonstration video available.
- Creative Commons: