“Six Sigma for Small Business”
Six Sigma for Small Business
Dec 21, 2012
- This guide simplifies the terminology and methodology of Six Sigma to make the process accessible and applicable to any small business. In addition, it teaches the basics of Six Sigma and walks students through a step-by-step implementation. Furthermore, it discusses how Six Sigma helps improve quality and efficiency, increases customer satisfaction and boosts profits, how Six Sigma uncovers hidden sources of money, and provides real-life examples of small businesses’ successes with Six Sigma.
- Type of Material:
- Open Textbook
- Recommended Uses:
- Can be used as a guide for Six Sigma and Quality Management for individuals, teams and small or large organizations. In class, homework, individual.
- Technical Requirements:
- Any Web Browser and a computer. Tested using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 11 Browsers. Adobe Reader and/or browser plugin.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- -Students will learn the terminology and methodology of Six Sigma
-Students will learn the basics of Six Sigma and how to implement it step-by-step
-Students will learn the benefits of Six Sigma
-Students will learn how to apply Six Sigma benefits to real-life examples
- Target Student Population:
- College Upper Division, Graduate School, Professional in business administration, industrial engineering and quality management related subjects.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Students will require a basic introductory knowledge of business principles, as well as a background in quality management, project management, and business statistics
- -This learning material correctly presents the vital concepts, models, and skills required for an understanding of Six Sigma
-Given the difficulty of the subject matter, this learning material does a superb job of covering all necessary topics related to this subject, presenting a well-rounded view.
-There is both the breadth and depth of material necessary for teaching this subject
- It is only an introductory book that allows readers understand the basics, but a long way remains until readers would be capable to implement it.
Not too much visual or attractive presentation.
- -This material lays out step-by-step each element in the Six Sigma process. A great level of detail has gone in to explaining this concepts in a common sense, easy to understand format
-The presentation of the material allows students to grasp important information bit by bit, without throwing everything at the reader at once
-Discussions on the application of Sig Sigma to real-life examples allows students to see how Six Sigma can be practically applied
- Plain book without any kind of interaction apart from the reflexive questions.
- This open textbook is very easy to read and understand. Even the metrics and statistics sections are very well explained that even a novice can apply to their business. There are a number of textbooks available that are extremely complex and are not even the quality of this product.
- Creative Commons: