“iPads in the Classroom”
iPads in the Classroom
Jan 17, 2013
- The site for iPads has features that include tutorials, list of apps, assessment/rubrics, classroom applications, and a comprehensive approaches to use the iPads effectively in educational settings. Additionally Kathy Schrock's website has effective resources for parents, students, and teachers.
- Type of Material:
- Collection of uses and applications for iPads in educational settings; digital instruction for use of integrating technology within personal and professional use.
- Recommended Uses:
- The site, while designed for teachers could be used by parents and others with an iPad who are working with students. The site facilitates use of the iPad in in-class instruction, team work and review.
- Technical Requirements:
- Use in iPads, MAC or SmartPhones; Use of Safari or Firefox to access website.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The goals include:
1. Understand the use of iPads in the classrooms
2. Develop instructional approaches based upon sound pedagogy for learning
3. Use digital methods according to Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy and connected to Common Core State Standards.
4. Implement strategies for assessment, informational literacy, social media, and professional learning.
- Target Student Population:
- Elementary and High School Students; Undergraduate or Graduate Candidates, and Parental Use
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- The learner would visit each section of this site, click on designated area, and easily accessible links to other webquests or professional sites. Obviously, an iPad would be necessary.
- Comprehensive approach to use of iPads in a variety of areas from training websites, assessments, authentic learning activities, support for implementation, and networking for learning.
- There are links to Kathy Schrock's "Teaching and Learning with an iPad" workshops but these are password protected.
Instructor would choose tools and strategies for a comprehensive approach in using the digital resources.
- 1. Based upon Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy levels to connections to Core Standards and Assessment Techniques, the comprehensive features of this site serves as a foundational springboard for building units of study.
2. Create network on applications using iPads and receive support and feedback on its implementation.
3. Provides online tools for parents, teachers and students.
This is a resource guide for teachers who use iPads in the classroom. It is well organized and contains many links for teachers to explore. There are listings of tutorials, "There's an App for That" Ipad evaluation guides. Most teachers will find what they need on this site.
- We could not find a search button on that site, although on the Kathy Schrock home page there was a search button.
- Overall sequential approach to use digital online resources through the use of video clip explanation and offers interactive networking opportunities; Easy use of interactive, high quality with easily accessible links to other sites.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- This is a wonderful resource for teachers. Every resource is in one place. There is even a special section on using the iPads in Special Education.
- Creative Commons: