This is the official presidential library website for John F. Kennedy. Contents include a digital archive with access to research material (texts/photographs/video) and educational information. Of special interest is an interactive virtual tour of the library and educational curriculum for teachers and students.
Type of Material:
• In class
• Research paper
Reviewed on Google Chrome * No special requirements noted
Identify Major Learning Goals:
• Students will analyze primary source material during the JFK presidency.
• Students will understand the context of presidential decisions.
• Students will identify key people and issues during the JFK presidency.
• Students will evaluate the role and authority of the president.
• Students will understand the presidential election process.
Target Student Population:
High School, College
Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
Evaluation and Observation
• Based on primary source material
• Includes curricular material for teachers with extensive support material and complete procedures
• Supports primary sources with commentary, photos and video
Potential Effectiveness as a Teaching Tool
• Includes over ten pre-prepared lesson plans designed for various teaching environments and age levels
• Includes interactive virtual tour of exhibits with audio commentary
• Provides an overview of current and past exhibits with ability to link to additional information
Ease of Use for Both Students and Faculty
The instruction flows with the interest of the student. Each click goes a bit deeper into the content.
Other Issues and Comments:
<• The virtual tour is a “must see” at the site
• Teachers of elementary, middle, and high schools will be delighted to visit the EDUCATION tab for innovative lesson plans tailored for the classroom and homework assignments.
• Searchable primary source material for the library