Jan 7, 2014
- The content of the book has been structured into four technical research sections: 1. process and performance management and their measurement methods, 2. management of manufacturing processes with the aim to be quickly adaptable after real situation demands and their control, 3. quality management information and communication systems, their integration and risk management, 4. management processes of healthcare and water, construction and demolition waste problems and integration of environmental processes into management decisions.
- Type of Material:
- On line text book
- Recommended Uses:
- Undergraduate and graduate studies in process management to better understand how it is perceived in various industries such as chemical engineering, medicine, IT etc....
- Technical Requirements:
- Adobe reader
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- - To understand the fundamental components of process management, including its history and theoretical applications.
- To extend the knowledge about specific subjects more or less related to process management
- Target Student Population:
- Graduate and undergraduate upper level classes
Process management, IT engineering
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Extended knowledge related to process management
- - A solid overview of process management.
- Interesting integration of the various theories that are used.
- - Some of the chapters are heavily weighed towards engineering.
- Ease of access could allow plagiarism.
- - Well done resource for information and application.
- It introduces procedures that are higher level resources.
- - There is a lack of pedagogical or learning focus (the book seems like a collection of conference proceedings).
- Some of the chapters may be a little heavy for a Newbie.
- The chapters that I could load, loaded easily.
Very well done example of current work from International sites.
- - It is not clear the pedagogical objectives of the book or how to use as learning material.
- Not all of the chapters would load.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Book consists of independent chapters.
- The chapters have different quality and relevance. The themes are very scattered, with little unity.
- Although it is intended to give a sense of unity in the preface that summarizes the chapters, the book does not show an association or connection with many of the chapters. This feeling is enhanced by reading the chapters that have been written in an independent manner, both in subject matter, format, structure, the methodology, how to cite.
- Hardly usable as full text. In any case one of the chapters may interest to a person, but not all together.
- Not all of the chapters would load. specifically, chapters: 5, 12, 13 and 15 would not load.
- Creative Commons: