“Medical Gross Anatomy University of Michigan Medical School”
Medical Gross Anatomy University of Michigan Medical School
Jan 15, 2014
Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Foundations of basic neuroanatomy and structural anatomy of the head and neck are featured. There are wonderfully crafted videos of human cadaver dissection with narration and visual probe guidance. Super site for teaching and reinforcing basic to advanced foundations of anatomy/physiology. These are not animations - they are actual video segments featuring human dissection.
- Type of Material:
- A series of interactive animations, learning labs, and videos centered around anatomy and physiology. This site is part of a larger course so some content is not available.
- Recommended Uses:
- Supplementary materials in courses, examples, exercises, reviews in anatomy and physiology courses
- Technical Requirements:
- Flash Player required for some content
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Identify aspects of anatomy, explain structure relationship, label anatomical structures.
- Target Student Population:
- Introductory level anatomy and physiology courses or neuroanatomy courses for undergraduate level, or review content for graduate students.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Clear, well narrated videos of human cadaver dissection divided into clear subsystems.
Well organized tables of anatomical features for reference.
Self-assessment activities providing applied questions and immediate feedback.
Multiple opportunities to learn a given concept.
- Highly comprehensive and involved modules. Materials extend much beyond the scope of speech-language pathology. Many parts within the labs are excess for basic learners. If done independently students must be highly organized
- Provides clearly written learning objectives for each subsystem.
Self-assessment and immediate feedback provided to support learning.
Provides links to relevant, reliable supplemental and additional resources.
Can be completed independently of class or used within class for reinforcement. Nice addition to both graduate and undergraduate courses.
- Easy navigation throughout content areas.
Labels and hyperlinks logical and easy to follow.
Video and illustrations are of good quality.
Can be done independent of class.
- Some content has restricted access
- Other Issues and Comments:
- This site is a user-friendly, interactive and fascinating introduction to the basic and advanced concepts of human anatomy. It is not a stand alone anatomy course, but an excellent supplemental resource. It provides students with an opportunity to experience human cadaver dissection and apply learned concepts in a real and meaningful way.
- Creative Commons: