Mar 3, 2014
- This site provides a number of online assessments and surveys related to personality types, risk surveys, marriage type surveys, and innovation surveys. The use for this material would be for team building, personality identification, possibly general personality psychology.
The site charges a small fee to begin using these products. Two of these products are offered free of charge (the Jung Typology Test and the Political Performance Indicator). Once a test is completed the sites testing software will provide the test taker with customized feedback based on information they provided during the test.
- Type of Material:
- Recommended Uses:
- Individual and homework
- Technical Requirements:
- IE10, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- To understand the different personality types commonly identified within groups/teams. These tests are commonly completed, researched, and discussed to help students identify the various personalities that are present within the work place, college setting, or social settings.
- Target Student Population:
- First year/Second year college level students for Business, Leadership, Management, and/or Psychology [General].
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Provides both a brief and full description of all products offered. Also offers an interactive demo of each product to review prior to making a purchase. Two of these products are made available at no charge.
There wasn’t too much information that left the user confused, yet there was a perfect amount of information, external links and additional free applications provided to users to gain additional knowledge on their own time or which could be saved/downloaded for future access.
- While I did not really see any major issues with the quality of the content contained within, there was one link on the Jung Typology Test link page in the upper right hand corner that did not display correctly using Google Chrome. Additionally, I have to admit that I think that, while minimal, the cost for obtaining the scores on some of these assessments/tests are a bit of a turn off for most are not likely going to pay this fee. It might helpful to identify the reason for the fee?
- The learning material provides a brief overview and purpose of the self-assessment/survey before the user proceeds to the survey. Additionally, there are additional profiles and Performance type indicator assessments that are provide additional insight for morals, marriage, role models, political, assertiveness, visionary, and HR personality tests.
- The material provided quick (and multiple) links to the various assessments, profiles, and surveys offered throughout. Most links opened in a new window allowing friendly toggle back and forth between the home page and the secondary information/assessment page. The instructions are clear and in acommon language. The tests are interactive and appealing.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Overall, I was impressed with the ease of the design and ability to move from one assessment/profile/survey to the next. The site provided very usable, relatable, and current information/assessments, etc…that I think would be very beneficial for all business leaders/managers/students to read and identify their individual profiles as well as those profiles of their peers.
- Creative Commons: