“Introductory Special Education Jeopardy PPT”
Introductory Special Education Jeopardy PPT
May 27, 2014
- A review quiz designed using PowerPoint. This is a wonderful way to review special education information learned in an introductory course.
- Type of Material:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Recommended Uses:
- In class instruction, team work, or review
- Technical Requirements:
- Use of PowerPoint for MAC or PC
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The goals include:
1. Understand disability categories
2. Explain characteristics for each category
3. Examine the legal findings that protect individuals with disabilities
4. Discuss the application of education plans for students with disabilities
- Target Student Population:
- Undergraduate to Graduate Levels
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- The learner would have to know how to use a browser in order to be access this PowerPoint. This introduction would be a supplement the beginning instruction for Special Education.
- Introduces key terms, categories, legislation and other information for Special Education. The material presents core curriculum in an engaging way.
- Application information may be used only as an introductory manner, rather than providing levels of depth of these topics for Special Education. Some college students may find this a bit elementary.
- After completing the "game" students will be able to take a formal test on the information and score well. This learning object is easily integrated into any Introduction to Special Education course.
- Students will have to master knowledge for this information through reading background information, school observations, and applications of instruction used by teachers.
- Using PowerPoint allows the instructor to easily flow from one question to the next. A student could directly access this file to complete the review on their own.
- Several links within the jeopardy game were unable to be opened and the level of difficulty needs to be improved. A more visually appealing, interactive formate would enhance this activity. Instructions on how to use this game would be needed for direct explanation.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Check that links open within the PowerPoint and that each higher valued amount provides an increase level of difficulty in your questioning. For example, the most basic rudimentary information would identify an acronym and the more advanced could incorporate case law and application of education plans.
- Creative Commons: