“The future of irrigated agriculture: where is the water”
The future of irrigated agriculture: where is the water
Jul 14, 2014
Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- This presentations consists of lectures presented at a session of the California Colloquium on Water on February, 2010. Specifically, issues related to agricultural water usage in California were discussed.
- Type of Material:
- This is an MP4 recording of a lecture session.
- Recommended Uses:
- This would be good material for students interested in gaining an introductory background in water quality and quantity issues.
- Technical Requirements:
- An appropriate web browser for viewing a YouTube video is needed.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- No specific learning goals were presented. Instead, their was a general goal of examining the issues relating to agricultural water usage in California in the future as the state population grows and limited water resources diminish.
- Target Student Population:
- I would target this at high school seniors and entry level college students.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- The video does a good job exploring diverging viewpoints associated with water usage, and the need for further research and policy development.
- Specific learning goals would be helpful.
- This is an excellent introduction to the topic.
- The video is not appropriate for more advanced viewers.
- No problems were found. It is very easy to use.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- A 1.5 hour video of a little long for many audiences.
- Creative Commons: