Principles of Macroeconomics
This collection contains the California Open Educational Resources Council (CA OER) list of peer-reviewed textbooks for Principles of Macroeconomics (common course-id ECON 202), one of the top 50 college courses identified for inclusion in the California Open Online Library for Education (COOLforEd).
General Course Description - ECON 202:
An introductory course focusing on aggregate economic analysis. Topics include: market systems, aggregate measures of economic activity, macroeconomic equilibrium, money and financial institutions, monetary and fiscal policy, international economics, and economic growth.
Minimum units: 3.0
Any rationale or comment: None
Prerequisites: Elementary Algebra
Advisories/Recommendations: Intermediate Algebra
At the conclusion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify and interpret macroeconomic data.
- Apply macroeconomic models to understand the economy.
- Analyze the economic impacts of monetary and fiscal policy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the function of the central bank and the banking system.
- Assessed written work is recommended for this course and may include any of the following (colleges are encouraged to work with local CSU and UC departments to determine writing requirements):
- Current event analysis
- Term papers
- Essay questions on exams
- Exams and Quizzes containing one or more:
- Multiple Choice questions
- Short answers
- Problem Solving
- Homework Problem Sets
- Debates and class discussion
- Group projects