This collection contains the Affordable Learning Solution for the Southern University System (AL$4SUS) list of peer-reviewed textbooks for Physical Geography (common course-id GEOL 100), one of the top 50 college courses identified for inclusion in the Southern University Online Library for Education (SUOLforEd).
See LA Master Course Matrix
General Course Description: GEOL 100
An introduction to the principles of geology with emphasis on Earth processes. This course focuses on the internal structure and origin of the Earth and the processes that change and shape it.
Minimum Units: 3.0
- Explain the scientific method.
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of fundamental concepts, principles, and interactions of Earth’s systems applicable to the Geological Sciences.
- Apply understanding of the internal and external processes that shape and form the Earth.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rock cycle and identify and describe the basic properties of rocks and minerals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of plate tectonics and Earth’s resources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how geological environments are formed, changed and eroded through geological time.
- Communicate complex course concepts effectively in writing and diagrams and apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions in life.
Shall include multiple measures of performance that may include, but are not limited to:
• Written Assignments
• Research Assignments