This course is a survey of institutional and non-institutional corrections. Emphasis will be placed on the organization and operation of correctional systems; treatment and rehabilitation; populations served; Constitutional issues; and current and future issues.
·Differentiate between short-term and long-term institutional environments and describe alternatives to institutionalization
· Analyze the historical development of corrections
· Describe the organization and operation of correctional systems
· Identify the constitutional rights applicable to correctional settings
· Analyze the impact of life in prison
· Describe treatment and rehabilitation programs
· Evaluate current and future correctional issues