Mosslands - Year One A-Level Organic Chemistry
This course will provide the theory for the Organic Chemistry units of AQA A-Level Chemistry (Year One).
6 or above in GCSE Chemistry or 7 or above in GCSE Combined Science.
Enrollment on A Level Chemistry at Mosslands School.
This course will taught under the Flipped Classroom Model, whereby video tutorials will be posted for students to watch and make notes from. Following the video tutorial but prior to attending the lesson, students will be required to complete a short online quiz. Students must bring their notes from the tutorials with them to all lessons.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of scientific ideas, processes, techniques and
- Apply knowledge and understanding of scientific ideas, processes, techniques and procedures:
• in a theoretical context
• in a practical context
• when handling qualitative data
• when handling quantitative data.
- AO3: Analyse, interpret and evaluate scientific information, ideas and evidence, including in relation
to issues, to:
• make judgements and reach conclusions
• develop and refine practical design and procedures
Formal assessment will be via a series of End of Unit Tests each of approx. 50 minutes in duration.
There will also be a Mock Examination Series at the end of the year.
In addition to formal assessment, informal assessment will be via online quizzes and activities in class.
Practical skills will be assessed through a series of required practicals, all of which must be clearly written up in a lab book.