Realizing Heritage Authenticity
The course is meant to communicate the basic concepts on authenticity and integrity of local traditional heritage, including architecture, built environment, local products and crafts. The aim of the course it to raise awareness on this topic given the continuous loss at local heritage due to lack of regulation, lack of knowledge, lack of capability to give values to the past compared to more easily reachable comforts.
Throught the course the user is expected to have a new conscousness about his own environment and associate higher importance to local traditions, hving realised their importance for local sustainability in terms of social creation, employment opportunities, environmental impact.
Course attendants are mostly local authorities representatives and representatives of the social networks, for their capacity to influence the local citizens through dissemmination activities, involvement and co-creating practices as well as norms and regulations introduction.
In this light, the participants of the course should be:
- employees of local authorities working in the urban development and heritage protection fields;
- employees of regional authorities working in the urban development and heritage protection fields;
- employees of national authorities working in the urban development and heritage protection fields;
- Employees or volunteers from NGOs working with the civil society
- employees of basic education organizations
The course will offer short introductory PPT lectures on the basic concepts of authenticity and integrity of local traditions, starting from the international discussion and achievements in the field of culture and heritage.
The PPt lectures will be followed by small excercises to be done individually, as testing, and later in groups.
It is expected that the attedant will achieve a better awareness on the importance of local tradition, becoming more conscious about the need for their protection and valorisation.
The assessment will be done through essays elaboration on:
- describing the local tradition;
- defining the potential role of tradition for local social, cultural and economic sustainability;
- defining the local cultural significance;
- questionnaire ex-ante and ex-post on the local traditiona importance
thecultureconcept (External link)Artcile explaining the importance of local tradition
Linked Heritage training programme (Online Course)
ICOMOS International Committee on Intangible Heritage (External link)The ICOMOS International Committee on Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICICH) is established in accordance with article 14... More
ICOMOS International Committee on Historic Towns and Villages (External link)The International Committee on Historic Towns and Villages (CIVVIH) was established in 1982. The Committee deals with... More
Statement on the relationship between heritage management and State role in culture preservatino and development
Statement on the impact of tourism on some crowded heritage sites with loss of authenticity
statement on the new trends of cultural tourism, focusing on local authenticity and integrity for a true visitor and... More