- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials (1) Content Builder Materials
Skills & Interests
Social Sciences / Sociology / Global
International migration, immigration laws and policies in the U.S., regime of illegality, Latinxs in the U.S., race/ethnicity, globalization, stratification, U.S.-Mexico border, social movements, Latinxs in higher education, and methods.
- Pacific Sociological Association
Member 03/2016 – Current
- American Sociological Association
Member 03/2010 – Current
- PhD Sociology (05/2014)
- M.A. Sociology (03/2008)
- B.A. Sociology and Chicana/o Studies (03/2004)
UC Los Angeles
- Sarabia, Heidy. (2018). Citizenship in the Global South: Policing Irregular Migrants and Eroding Citizenship Rights in Mexico in Latin American Perspectives.
- Sarabia, Heidy. (2018). Felons, not Families’: criminalized illegality, stigma, and membership among deported criminal aliens in Mexico in Migration Letters. (15(2):45-61).
- Sarabia, Heidy. (2017). Uprooted: identity and illegality among return migrants in Mexico in Carta Económica Regional. (29 (120):83-104).
Soc 194: Special Topics (Social Change and Migration in Latin America)
- CSU Sacramento – Sociology of Social Change, Sociology of Migration, Latin America
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
Honors & Awards
- Probationary Faculty Development Grant (01/2019)
- A 21st Century Border: designing deathly traps for the global poor, 03/23/2019
with Jesus Limon. Northern California Foco of the National Association for Chicana/Chicano Studies (NACCS). San Jose, CA
- Assistant Professor (08/2016 – Current) CSU Sacramento