- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios (1) Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Virtual Speakers Bureau
Skills & Interests
Science and Technology / Health Sciences / Dentistry
Broad scope of oral & maxillofacial surgery as well as oral implantology/implant dentistry
Science and Technology / Health Sciences / Healthcare Administration
Medical insurance coding for oral healthcare providers.
Science and Technology / Health Sciences
Oral healthcare in clinically integrated networks
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Fellow and member of the Committee on Professional Conduct 10/2019 – Current
- American College of Dentists
Michigan Section Newsletter Editor 03/2018 – Current
- Certificate of Completion Residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (06/1989)
Loyola University Medical Center/Stritch School of Medicine
- DDS Dentistry (05/1985)
Panek, Richard W..
Journal of the Michigan Dental Association
in Life Threatening Dental Infection: A Manifestation of Poor Resource Allocation.
(October 2019, pp. 36-41).
Prosthetic Guided Implant Dentistry
- Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implants – Surgical-prosthetic principles of rehabilitation of edentulous patients
- This is a professional CE course provided thru the support of DSG Davis Dental Labs, NobelBiocare A.B., and the Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implants. I organized the curriculum, didactic as well as hands-on portions of the practice as well as secured the participation of prosthodontists who contributed to the content.
Smiles for Life
- Michigan State University of Human Medicine – Oral health interventions for the medical doctor
- This was a seminar course taught to PGY 1 Family Medicine Resident Physicians to introduce them to oral health concepts not taught in the medical school curriculum. Surveyed oral exams, early childhood caries diagnosis and oral/facial trauma management.
Honors & Awards
- Fellowship in the American College of Dentists (10/2016)
- Principles of Implant Placement: An Introduction for the Generalist-Do I really want to do this?, 02/21/2012
Overview of surgical implant dentistry for private practice dentists
- Simplified Fixed Implant Treatment for the Edentulous Patient, 02/21/2012
An introduction to advanced edentulous treatment options for the general dentist
- Active Medical Staff, Consultant (09/1989 – Current) Spectrum Health Hospital System
- President (08/1989 – Current) Palm & Panek DDS, PC dba Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implants