Members from Andrew’s institution
Materials from Andrew’s discipline
Members in Andrew’s discipline
Skills & Interests
- Science and Technology / Astronomy (Advanced)
- Fraknoi, A. & Schatz, D.. (2017). When the Sun Goes Dark. National Science Teachers Association.
- Fraknoi, A., Morrison, D. & Wolff, S.. (2016). Astronomy. OpenStax.
- Fraknoi, A.. (2016). Supernova Rhythm in Science Fiction by Scientists. Springer Verlag.
Honors & Awards
2007 Gemant Award from the American Institute of Physics
Given each year to a physicist for a lifetime of outstanding contributions to physics and culture and physics education.
2007 California Professor of the Year
Awarded by the Carnegie Foundation for Higher Education
Astronomy in Popular Culture: The Gemant Prize Lecture,
Illustrated lecture at the January 2008 American Astronomical Society Meeting on astronomy in music, fiction, poetry, advertising, films, and other areas of popular culture.
- Chair, Astronomy Department (09/1992 – Current) Foothill College
- Co-editor (01/2001 – Current) Astronomy Education Review
- Executive Director (07/1978 – 07/1992) Astronomical Society of the Pacific