- Submitted Materials (12) submitted materials
- Authored Materials
- Comments (3) comments
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Skills & Interests
- Academic Support Services / Hybrid and Online Course Development (Advanced)
Academic Support Services / Faculty Development / Learners and Learning / Learning and Technology
I work at the intersection between teaching and learning and instructional technology. For me, the pedagogy comes first. I support both hybrid and online teaching and learning activities.
- Professional and Organizational Development Network
member 03/2003 – Current
- MSIS Information Science (05/1996)
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Ph.D. Musicology (05/1983)
Case Western Reserve University
- MM Music Composition (05/1973)
Peabody Conservatory of Johns Hopkins University
- Henning, J.M., Lesperance, M. & Harris, J.D. (2007). Developing Computer Simulations for Student Assessment in Athletic Therapy Today. (12 (3), 23-26).
Teaching in Community Health Education for doctoral students
- University of North Carolina Greensboro – Pedagogy
- This is the teaching and learning course for doctoral students in Public Health Education.
Personal and Academic Success in Health and Human Sciences
- University of North Carolina Greensboro – academic success course
- Included multimedia student projects.
Web Design for Health and Wellness Professionals
- University of North Carolina Greensboro – web design
- More extensive course for graduate students.
- Speaking level: None
- Reading level: None
Honors & Awards
- Merlot Classics Award in Faculty Development (07/2010)
With Ray Purdom.
- UNCG School of Health and Human Performance Distinguished Service Award (05/2009)
- Let's Collect Our Intelligence to Make Sense of Teaching, Learning and Technology., 11/08/2013
Sloan-C 6th Annual International Symposium: Emerging Technologies for Online Learning
- Strategies for Effectiveness Technology Integration into Any Courses: Aligning Content Knowledge, Pedagogy, and Technology., 02/17/2013
Conference on College and University Teaching Greensboro, Greensboro, NC. Associated website:
- Welcome to the Technology Tsunami in Teaching and Learning!, 07/24/2012
Sloan-C 5th Annual International Symposium: Emerging Technologies for Online Learning.
- Instructional Technology Consultant (03/2003 – Current) University of North Carolina Greensboro
- Senior Instructional Consultant (11/1997 – 03/2003) Eduprise Collegis
- Intern and Musicology Consultant (08/1995 – 10/1997) Institute for Academic Technology