- Sonoma County Board of Education
Trustee 09/2005 – Current
- Sonoma County School to Career - Board of Directors
Director 09/1999 – 10/2002
- Rohnert Park Chamber of Commerce
Executive Board/Chair 2000-2001 07/1998 – 06/2002
- Masters of Arts Education - Curriculum, Teaching, and Learning (Ed Tech) (Current)
Sonoma State University
- Masters in Governance General (02/2010)
- Masters in Governance Legislative Action (04/2009)
- Willbanks, Kathleen. (2009). The Future of Electronic Portfolios: Do they Help with Accreditation? in ED-MEDIA 2009--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications. (Volume 2009, issue 1,pp. 4084-4090 (http://www.editlib.org/p/32072)).
The Sea and Science
- Waldo Rohnert Elementary – Ocean Science
- This fourth grade class learned about sand, salt, seaweed, currents, tides, and animal life through hands on experiences and sharing.
- California State University: Early Assessment Program - Math Professional Development, 11/07/2008
WCET Award The California State University Early Assessment Program's Math Professional Development has received a 2008 WOW Award from the Western Cooperative for Educational Telecommunications (WCET).
- The Promise of ePortfolios: Connecting Academic Achievement with California Workforce Development, 08/08/2008
Presented at MIC 2008 with Ruth Cox.
- The Promise of E-Portfolios: Connecting Academic Achievement with CA Workforce Development, 04/02/2008
Presented at Educause Western with K. Kelly- emerging definitions of e-portfolios and share real-world examples of how they are providing opportunities for students to demonstrate academic achievement and skill mastery disciplines.
- Consultant (08/2010 – 10/2011) HLC (Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools)
- Consultant (11/2009 – 08/2010) ePortfolio California
- Marketing and Operations Manager/Senior Project Manager (06/2000 – 11/2009) California State University, Office of the Chancellor, Center for Distributed Learning