Scientific Data Presentation
- Arizona State University, School of Life Sciences – Communication
- Course I developed and have taught each year since 1988. The class teaches graduate students communication skills including writing, illustration, and photography.
Advanced Topic in Bioimaging
- Arizona State University, School of Life Sciences – Biology
- The laboratory, hands on, portion of this class that trains graduate and undergraduate students in bioimaging techniques and instruments. This has been taught since 1998.
Honors & Awards
Science Prize for Online Resources in Education (SPORE)
A judged award presented by American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
Donald J. Nash Memorial Award
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Southwestern and Rocky Mountain Division (SWARM) Donald J. Nash Memorial Award. A judged award presented to the outstanding presentation at the AAAS-SWARM Annual Meeting.
Arizona State University - Presidents Award for Innovation
Ecology Explores Program and Outreach
Dr. Biologys Imaginative Classroom,
Microcomputers in Education Conference. Tempe, Arizona.
Ask a Biologist: Caputuring the imagination in the world of life sciences,
Arizona Librarians Association Conference. Mesa, Arizona.
Fiberscapes: Revealing the Beauty and Science of Paper,
Paper Discovery Center. Appleton, Wisconsin. (Jennifer Tsukayama, coauthor/speaker)
- Vice Provost of Technology (11/2014 – Current) Arizona State University
- Associate Dean of Technology, Media, and Communications (07/2011 – 02/2014) Arizona State University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Director of Technology Integration and Outreach (01/2006 – 04/2007) Arizona State University, School of Life Sciences