- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Members from Mark’s institution
Materials from Mark’s discipline
Members in Mark’s discipline
Skills & Interests
Academic Support Services / Library and Information Services / Information Technology
Web Design Multimedia Technology Video/Audio editing Flash podcasts Mac/PC platforms P2P Open Source
Academic Support Services / Library and Information Services / Intellectual Property and Plagiarism
Have created plagiarism and academic dishonesty video vignettes for our campus collection at Buffalo State College
Academic Support Services / Library and Information Services / Information and Communication Technology Literacy / Technology Training
Teach an advanced library research class at Buffalo State College.
Member 04/2007 – Current
- The Perpetual Art Machine
Member 10/2006 – Current
Member 09/2004 – Current
- MLS (02/2006)
- BA (05/2004)
- McBride, M. (December 2007). College & Research Libraries News in C&RL News. (v. 68, issue, 11).
- McBride, M. (January 2007). College & Research Libraries News in C&RL News. (Vol. 68, No. 1).
Advanced Library Research
- Buffalo State College – Information Literacy
- Guide students through information retrieval and understanding sources of information. We look extensively at the Internet, library databases and various free web applications which can assist in communicating a message to an audience.
Network Practices and Interactive Media
- NY State College of Ceramics at Alfred University – Expanded Media
- Students were taught the history of NetArt through guest lectures and writing various forms of computer code, such as, PHP, CSS, Javescript, HTML. Also covered wasthe software Flash and created bodies of work in the virtual reality of Second Life.
- Pick a Life, Any Life: A team taught class and the museum that followed, 05/30/2007
An art class was taught in the Spring of 2007 which reviewed the history of NetArt and critically explores and engages virtual realities such as Second Life.
- Information Commons Librarian (08/2007 – Current) Buffalo State College
- Public Services Librarian/Head of Media Services (08/2006 – 07/2007) NY State College of Ceramics at Alfred University
- Reference Librarian (02/2006 – 08/2006) Erie Community College