Skills & Interests
Science and Technology / Computer Science
I am interested in making learning objects (small programs) for mathematics education and hope to some day have a job doing this or a combination of this and teaching or tutoring mathematics.
- Master of Science in Mathematics (12/1994)
Michigan State University
- Lansing Community College – Calculus I
- First semester of a 3 semester course in calculus for scientists and engineers.
Math Help Desk
- Lansing Community College – variety
- I tutor a variety of math courses at the help desk from very basic algebra to Calculus, Differential Equations, and Linear Algebra. Tutoring students at a variety of levels on a drop in basis is invigorating.
- Lansing Community College – Calculus with Applications
- Calculus class that focuses on business and health sciences applications.
- The Mathematics Behind the Programs, 01/11/2007
Talk with advanced high school math students about what mathematics I needed to know in order to make the graphics in some of my programs work correctly.
- Great Gadgets for Online Courses, MichMATYC 2003, 10/11/2003
Presentation geared towards math instructors especially for online courses about making and finding things on the web to make their courses more interactive.
- Adjunct Mathematics Faculty (08/1995 – Current) Lansing Community College
- My Adult Child's Mom (12/1983 – Current) Home
- My Kids' Mom (05/1997 – Current) Home