Virtual Speakers Bureau
Skills & Interests
Science and Technology / Information Technology
Flash for education; instructional technology design; choosing the right technology for your educational need
Science and Technology / Health Sciences
Instructional design E-learning Nursing Online education Simulations
Designing online learning modules Uses of technology in education Simulations Computer-enhanced courses
- MS (Ed) (12/2003)
- BA (06/1996)
- Springfield, E.. (Jan/Feb 2007). PowerPoint Pedagogy: two usages, two pedagogical styles in CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. (25(1):15-20).
- Various; I designed the pedagogical framework for the series. (2004). Academic Learning Series. Microsoft Press.
- Springfield, E. (2001). Overview of Kalamazoo Portfolio in Electronic Portfolios: Emerging Practices for Student, Faculty, and Institutional Learning. AAHE.
- Kellogg Community College – Graphic design, web design, Photoshop
- Taught various courses from 2002-2004
Honors & Awards
- Magna cum laude (06/1996)
- Phi Beta Kappa (06/1996)
- Enriching Scholarship, 05/06/2007
Various workshops on instructional design, online learning, and software packages 2005-2007. Enriching Scholarship is an annual university-wide workshop aimed at helping faculty use technology in teaching at U. Michigan.
- The American Association of Higher Education National Conference and Assessment Forum, 03/17/1998
Sessions about Kalamazoo Portfolio
- Instructional Technology Designer (08/2004 – Current) University of Michigan
- Instructional Technology Consultant (08/2000 – 08/2004)
- Electronic Portfolio Coordinator (06/1996 – 08/2000) Kalamazoo College