Skills & Interests
Science and Technology
I have degrees in physical chemistry, but I partner with a biology professor to bring quantitative literacy to her students and to bring a biological context to my students.
K-12 Outreach for math, science, and statistics. Also bringing writing and quantitative literacy into classes across the curriculum. Hands-on active learning.
Mathematics and Statistics / Statistics and Probability
I am interested in Statistics Education, especially a the introductory level. I also work with interdisciplinary projects and incorporating writing and quantitative literacy across the curriculum.
- M.S. Physical Chemistry (05/1998)
The Ohio State University
- B.S. Chemistry (04/1994)
Florida State University
- Gundlach, Ellen. (2008). Instructor’s Solutions Manual for The Practice of Business Statistics. W.H. Freeman.
- Gundlach, Ellen. (2008). Student Solutions Manual for The Practice of Business Statistics. W.H. Freeman.
STAT 301 Elementary Statistical Methods
- Purdue University – Introductory Statistics
- I've taught this one every semester (including summers) since Fall 2003 and am the course coordinator. We use Moore/McCabe/Craig's book.
STAT 225 Introduction to Probability
- Purdue University – Introductory Probability
- I taught this one for a few years, but now I am just the course coordinator for the t.a.s who teach it.
- Purdue University, Ivy Tech State College – Algebra, Mathematics
- I taught several different levels of this course at both Purdue and a community college for about 2 1/2 years.
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
Honors & Awards
- Grand Prize winner of the American Statistical Association's Hands-On Statistics Activity Competition (07/2010)
Competition for a hands-on activity to be used in the American Statistical Association's booth at the USA Science and Engineering Festival on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
- Award for Excellence in Distance Learning (04/2010)
Purdue University's award for best for-credit distance learning campus of the year.
- Instructional Development Center Distance Education Incentive Award (03/2009)
Excellence in Online course design.
- Associate Editor (12/2009 – Current) CAUSE and MERLOT
- Continuing Lecturer and Course Coordinator (01/2002 – Current) Statistics Department, Purdue University
- Freelance supplement and comparative review writing for David Moore's books (09/2003 – 08/2008) W.H. Freeman