Skills & Interests
- Education / TeacherEd / Teaching Methods / Science (Advanced)
Science and Technology / Engineering / Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering
Interest regarding how Science and Engineering information and processes are translated for use in K-12 and college instruction and learning.
- CSU Noyce Scholars Program
Faculty 09/2007 – Current
- CSUB NASA Collaborative
Faculty 06/2007 – 03/2008
- PhD Curriculum and Instruction (12/1991)
Kansas State University
EDEL 421 Foundations of American Education
- CSU Bakersfield – Education Foundations
- The history and philosophy of education in America
EDEL 438 C&I Science Methods
- CSU Bakersfield – Methods
- The methodology of teaching science in a K12 multiple subject setting.
EDCI 530 Curriculum Theory and Development
- CSU Bakersfield – Curriculum and Instruction
- Graduate course in the theory and development of curriculum.
Honors & Awards
- Faculty Honors Award: Grants (06/2004)
Selected by the Faculty of the School of Education, CSUB
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year (10/2002)
Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award. Selected by the Kern Science Educators Association
- Navigate the Digital Science-Education World and Stay on Course: MERLOT (Presentation about MERLOT), 11/02/2008
Using the Science Education Portal in MERLOT (www.merlot.org) participants will see how to setup free workspace, access, and contribute to high-quality science education resources, from lesson plans to networking communities.
- Coordinator, Curriculum and Instruction MA (Regional) Program (04/2014 – Current) Extended University, CSU, Bakersfield
- Instructor, Biology (04/2012 – Current) STEM Affinity Group, CSU, Bakersfield
- Director/Interim Director Elementary Education (11/2006 – 12/2008) CSU Bakersfield