- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Members from Linda’s institution
Materials from Linda’s discipline
Members in Linda’s discipline
Skills & Interests
Academic Support Services / Library and Information Services / Cataloging and Classification
Twenty years experience in practical cataloguing and classification as well as in training cataloguing and classification and other aspects of librainship and information science
Academic Support Services / Faculty Development / Course and Instruction Design
Twelve years experience in the design and writing of courseware and learning materials for higher education and training.
- Publishers Association of South Africa (PASA)
Member 07/2007 – Current
- Library and Information Association of South Africa (LIASA)
Member 07/1998 – Current
- South African Translators Institute (SATI)
Member 12/2005 – 07/2008
- D Phil Library and Information Science (04/2002)
University of Pretoria
- National Higher Diploma: Post-School Education Post-School Education (09/1995)
- M Bibl Library Science (04/1993)
University of Johannesburg
- Okello-Obura, C., Minishi-Majanja, M.K., Cloete, L.M. 2007 & Ikoja-Odongo, J.R.. (2007). Assessment of business information access problems in Uganda. in Partnership: the Canadian journal of library and information practice and research. (2(2)).
- Okello-Obura, C., Minishi-Majanja, M.K. & Cloete, L.M.. (2006). Business information systems design for Ugandas economic development: the case of Northern Uganda in Mousaion. (24(1):119-143).
- Rodriques, A.D.S., Jacobs, L. & Cloete, L.M.. (2006). Providing equitable public library services to South Africas multicultural communities in Mousaion. (24(2):211-231).
Honours in Information Retrieval
- Unisa – Information Organisation and Retrieval
- Information Retrieval and Organisation forms part of the Honours programme in Information Science at Unisa.
Master and doctoral studies
- Technikon SA and Unisa – Supervision of doctoral and aster students
- Four master students and two doctoral students successfully completed their studies under my supervision.
Library and Information Studies
- Technikon SA – Information Retrieval I-IV
- Information Retrieval formed part of the Library and Information Studies programme and included cataloguing, classification, indexing nd reference work.
- The practical skills and experiential training in distance education cataloguing courses: Utilizing the Web, 05/18/2000
Information 2000: a vision for the SCECSAL region: Papers presented at the 14th Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and Southern African Libraries (SCECSAL 2000), 10-15 April 2000, Safari Court & Conference Centre, Windhoek, Namibia. Windhoek
- Free-lance consultant in knowledge and information management (01/2008 – Current) INFOBUZZ CC
- Lecturer and Senior Lecturer (02/1997 – 12/2007) Technikon SA / Unisa
- Cataloguer and Senior Cataloguer (01/1989 – 01/1997) Johannesburg City Council