- Submitted Materials (6) submitted materials
- Authored Materials
- Comments (1) comments
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Skills & Interests
Education / TeacherEd / Teaching Methods / Science
I have given more than 100 presentations and Staff Development workshops at Art, Science, State Education and Middle Level Conferences on the Aesthetic Realism Method, which I used as the basis of my teaching with enormous success for 30 years in New York City public high schools. I have taught this method to educators of all subjects and grade levels since 1975 in a bi-weekly workshop "The Aesthetic Realism Teaching Method," along with my colleagues in All For Education. This course is given at the Aesthetic Realism Foundation, a not-for-profit educational institution in New York City.
- Art & Science Collaborations, Inc.
member 10/2008 – Current
- Art Educators of New Jersey
member 01/2008 – Current
- Science Teachers Association of New York State
member 01/2004 – Current
- M.S. Community Health Education (01/1974)
- B.A. Health and Physical Education (01/1971)
Herbert H. Lehman College
- A.A. Liberal Arts (01/1969)
Queensborough Community College
- Alice Bernstein and Others. (2004). Aesthetic Realism and the Answer to Racism, Orange Angle Press.
- Justice To People Through Every Subject We Meet!, 06/04/2011
This presentation on the success of the Aesthetic Realism Teaching Method was given by educators, Rosemary Plumstead, Dr. Arnold Perey, Zvia Ratz and Monique Michael at the North Carolina State Museum to teachers, administrators and library staff.
- The Aesthetic Realism Teaching Method Can End Racism, 05/26/2010
This presentation on the aesthetic structure of the human heart was given by Rosemary Plumstead after a presentation of "The People of Clarendon County," a Play by Ossie Davis in Hickory, NC.
- Aesthetic Realism Consultant (09/1978 – Current) Aesthetic Realism Foundation
- Teacher (09/1992 – 06/2004) Fiorello H. LaGuardia HS of Music, Art and the Performing Arts
- Teacher (09/1982 – 06/1992) Mabel Dean Bacon Vocational High School