Skills & Interests
Education / Educational Leadership / Leadership Specialization / Human Resource Development
Research and interest of effective communication skills and techniques. Collegiate coursework, experiencial learning, and published work applications.
Participation in the development of B.S. level Public Safety Administration Program Curriculum, State College of Florida.
Workforce Development / Fire Safety / Fire Administration
Succession planning techniques and development in emergency management organizations. B.A.S. Public Safety Administration Capstone thesis and presentation.
- Florida Fire Chiefs' Association
Member 10/2011 – Current
- Manatee County Critical Incident Stress Management Team
Member 01/2010 – Current
- Manatee County Fire Chiefs' Assn. Fire Coordinator
Fire Coordinator 01/2009 – Current
- Masters of Science Public Safety Administration (12/2013)
- Certified District Manager Certified District Manager Program (06/2013)
Florida Center for Public Management / Florida State University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Cum Laude) Public Safety Administration (08/2011)
St. Petersburg College
- Lobeto, A.D.. (2007). "Roundtable - Opinions from Around the Country / US&R Involvement in Fire Engineering Magazine. (Volume 160, Issue 2, pp 36).
- Lobeto, A.D. Bercot, T.. (2004). "Extrication Tactics Fifth Door and Modified Dash Lift" in Fire Engineering Magazine. (Volume 157, Issue 11 pp 24-28).
- Lobeto, A.D.. (2003). "Engine Company Operations: Vehicle Accidents in Water" in Fire Engineering Magazine. (Volume 156, Issue 2 pp 85-94).
- State College of Florida – Public Safety Administration
- Adjunct instructor Public Safety Administration / Homeland Security Baccalaureate Program.
- Speaking level: Advanced
- Reading level: Advanced
- Speaking level: Beginner
- Reading level: Beginner
Honors & Awards
- Seven Seals Award (05/2012)
Employer support of the U.S. National Guard and Reserves.
- Chief Fire Officer Designation (CFO) (01/2012)
Center for Public Safety Excellence (CFO Designation).
- Exceptional Duty Award (12/2011)
Award presented by Cedar Hammock Fire Rescue (Bradenton, Florida Manatee County) for exceptional performance of duty.
- "Run Report Writing 101”, 01/01/2011
This short course is designed to provide basics Our goal is to improve our report writing skills There are many types of reports Avoid legal ramifications of bad reports Practice improves skills Officers are responsible - not another writer
- Red Cross Disaster Team Training - Incident Command System, 01/01/2011
Incident Command and Incident Maangement Team training for American Red Cross Volunteers.
- Succession Planning in the Fire Service - Our Future is Now, 12/01/2009
The purpose of this study is to review current attitudes and trends of succession planning in the Fire Service. Information will include what programs are being used and what resources are available to implement new programs and, or enhance old ones.
- Division Chief of Administration (05/2013 – Current) Cedar Hammock Fire Rescue
- Battalion Chief A-shift (12/2006 – 05/2013) Cedar Hammock Fire Rescue
- Captain / Operations (01/1996 – 12/2006) Cedar Hammock Fire Rescue