Dr. R. Lee Viar IV
- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Comments (5) comments
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Virtual Speakers Bureau
Skills & Interests
- The Sloan Consortium
Member 05/2011 – Current
- Association for Non-Traditional Students in Higher Education
Member 08/2010 – Current
- National Business Education Association
Member 03/2007 – Current
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Organization and Management Management (Current)
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Education Postsecondary Adult Education and Training (10/2007)
- Master in Business Administration Management/Marketing (12/2001)
Frostburg State University
- Viar IV, R. Lee. (2011). “Global Culture: Hegemony or Plurality” in Proceedings Journal. (2011).
- Viar IV, R. Lee. (2011). “The Nontraditional Learner’s Guide to Success: Creating an Informal Support Network”. Authorhouse, Bloomington, IN.
- Viar IV, R. Lee. (2010). “Turning “No, You Can’t Do It” into a Degree”. in The Non-Traditional Journal. (Winter 2010, 4-5).
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Strayer University – Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Strayer University – Strategic Management
Marketing Research Methods
- Colorado Technical University – Research Methodology
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
Honors & Awards
- Provost’s Circle Designation (10/2009)
For exceptional and long-standing commitment to excellence in instruction from Strayer University (October 2009-December 2010)
- CTU Educator of the Year Nominee (12/2005)
- Faculty Service Award (12/2005)
Faculty Service Award from Colorado Technical University
- Balancing Home, Work & College – Tapping into your Informal Support Network, 03/07/2011
Presentation at the Association of Non-Traditional Students in Higher Education at Kennesaw State University.
- “Global Culture: Hegemony or Plurality”, 01/04/2011
Presentation at the Association of Faculties for Advancement of Community College Teaching (AFACCT) at Community College of Baltimore-Essex Campus.
- Best Grading Practices for the Online Platform, 02/09/2009
Presentation of best grading practices for the online educational platform for Colorado Technical University.
- Adjunct Professor (10/2006 – Current) Strayer University
- Lead Faculty and Associate Professor (08/2005 – Current) Colorado Technical University
- Assistant Professor and Lead Faculty (08/2006 – 05/2008) Hagerstown Community College