- American College of Sports Medicine
Certified Personal Trainer 02/2012 – Current
- Food and Nutrition Student Organization
Secretary 08/2011 – Current
- Indiana Dietetic Association
Student member 06/2011 – Current
- Bachelor of Science Dietetics (Current)
University of Southern Indiana
- Bachelor of Science Psychology (08/2008)
- Merkel, J. A. (2012). Drive for thinness, energy deficiency, and menstrual disturbances. [Review of the article The association of a high drive for thinness with energy deficiency and severe menstrual disturbances: confirmation in a large population of exercising women] in SCAN's Pulse. (31, 1, 20).
- Merkel, J. A. (2012). Sports nutrition - a growing field in Weight Management Matters. (10, 1, 19).
Honors & Awards
- University Honors List (01/2012)
- University Honors List (06/2011)
- Food and Nutrition Academic Achievement Award (03/2011)
Highest cumulative GPA in Food and Nutrition department.
- A Path to a Healthier You..., 07/13/2011
Nutrition and exercise presentation created during my summer internship and presented to partner companies.
- Project Manager (03/2006 – Current) The Michelli Experience
- Professor Popcorn (03/2011 – 10/2011) Purdue Extension
- Intern (05/2011 – 08/2011) St. Mary's Medical Center Healthy Lives fitness center