- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections (10) Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Members from Dale’s institution
Materials from Dale’s discipline
Members in Dale’s discipline
Skills & Interests
Academic Support Services / Faculty Development
Reflective teaching and collaborative peer conversation for formative on-going assessment to improve teaching and student learning.
Academic Support Services / Library and Information Services / Information Technology
Instructional design and teaching information literacy and research skills
Academic Support Services / Library and Information Services / Information and Communication Technology Literacy / Information Literacy Standards
I have been chair of the University Assessment Committee for four years and a member of both the University Assessment and the University Studies Committees. I have been involved in the writing, assessment, and implementation of information literacy goal strands and proficiencies. I also developed an information literacy rubric based on the AAC&U VALUE rubric to assess information literacy as a foundational goal along with critical thinking, communication, and quantitative reasoning that are present across the curriculum and in every course at the university.
- L-Net/Answerland Virtual Reference
Board Member 09/2010 – Current
- Oregon Association of College and Research Libraries
Member 04/1996 – Current
- Oregon Library Association
Member; Board - At Large Member -2004-05 04/1996 – Current
- Master of Arts Library Science (09/1996)
Kent State University
- Master of Arts General Studies: Humanities-Education and English (06/1995)
Southern Oregon University
- Bachelor of Arts Education (06/1987)
Southern Oregon University
- Vidmar, Dale, J.. (2010). Intentional Reference: A Mindful Approach to Fielding Questions Beyond the Desk in OLA Quarterly. (16, 2, 30-33).
- Vidmar, Dale J.. (2005). Reflective Peer Coaching: Crafting Collaborative Self-Assessment in Teaching in Research Strategies. (20, 3, 135-148).
- Vidmar, Dale, J.. (2005). Who Do We Teach? Freshman First-Year Experience vs. Upper Division Courses in the Major in LOEX Quarterly. (32, 3, 8-9).
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
- Speaking level: Novice
- Reading level: Novice
- Collaborative Peer Conversation: Articulating Intention and Reflecting upon Action, 12/08/2011
Half-day workshop for library faculty focusing on collaborative conversations with peer buddies as a formative process to improve teaching and learning.
- Libraries in the 21st Century, 02/18/2010
Presentation examining the future of libraries in the context of a dynamic, technological culture.
- Reflective Collaborative Conversations: Articulating Intention and Reflecting upon Action, 03/20/2009
This presentation/workshop focuses on engaging in reflective collaborative conversations with colleagues as a formative process to improve teaching and learning.
- Full Professor - Information Literacy and Instruction Librarian (09/1996 – Current) Southern Oregon University Hannon Library