Skills & Interests
Education / General
National Park Ranger with 8 years experience researching, developing, and presenting interpretive programs to the public: guided hikes, illustrated programs, talks, informal interpretation.
Arts / Music / Performance
French horn -- 15 years; Classical Guitar -- 2 years
Arts / Cinema
Write, direct, produce short films.
- Bachelors of Science Biology (05/1999)
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Weiner, J.M., edited by Cordes, A.B.. (2010). Timely Exposures: The Life and Images of C.C. Curtis, Pioneer California Photographer. Sanger, California: The Write Way, Inc..
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
- Speaking level: Intermediate
- Reading level: Intermediate
Honors & Awards
- Chief Park Interpreter's Award (09/2010)
Awarded to the best interpreter in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
- Walter Fry Best New Interpreter Award (09/2007)
Awarded to the best new interpreter at Kings Canyon National Park
- On the Spot Award (09/2000)
Monetary award for excellence in interpretation
- Park Ranger (05/2007 – Current) Kings Canyon National Park
- Sales Associate (12/2001 – 12/2006) Arts & Things Gallery
- Park Ranger (04/1999 – 11/2001) Cape Lookout National Seashore