- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Comments (1) comments
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Skills & Interests
Instructional librarian experienced in teaching information literacy skills for academic and professional achievement.
- American Library Association
member 01/2006 – Current
- GaETC conference
volunteer 11/2011 – 11/2011
- MLIS Library & Information Science (06/2010)
Valdosta State University
- MEd. School Library Media Specialist (06/2006)
University of West Georgia
- BA Business Administration (06/1981)
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
- Speaking level: Novice
- Reading level: None
Honors & Awards
- Charles Beard Scholarship. (06/2009)
Charles E. Beard Scholarship for graduate studies in library science.
- IMPACT Grant Winner Walton Communities GA (02/2008)
Local Real Estate organization awarded grant money for special needs in the local schools. I won a $1000 grant to buy books for my library in which 90% of the books were outdated.
- International Reading Association Presidential Award for Reading and Technology (02/2008)
International Reading Association Presidential Award for Technology and Reading.My lesson plan,"Latino Poetry Blog- blogging as a forum for open discussion" was one of 7 national seimi-finalists and was published in the IRA's online publication.
- Conference on Information Fluency, UCF , Florida, 03/13/2013
Presented on "Casting Your Net Far & Wide to Catch Distance Learners with Social Media & Free Online Tools "
- Librarian (01/2018 – Current) Southern Crescent Technical College
- Director, Library Services (04/2012 – 02/2016) DeVry University
- Assistant Librarian (07/2010 – 04/2012) Bauder College