- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Comments (4) comments
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Skills & Interests
Education / Educational Leadership / Leadership Specialization / Student Development and Learning
Barbara is recognized as an experienced international faculty and expert in online teaching and learning. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from California State University Northridge and a Master of Arts in Public Administration from University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Washington. She holds two national certificates: Certified Online Instructor (COI) from Learning Resources Network, and Certified Global Business Professional from NASBITE International. She has designed and created 100% online curriculum in international business and affairs, management, sustainability, and was the lead faculty in the development in two online Associate Degree programs for students in Wuxi and Guangzhou China, P.R.C., and online certification in green for students in Japan.
- Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks
Reviewer, Author 03/2012 – Current
- Sloan Consortium on Asynchronous Learning Networks (Sloan-C)
Member 04/2012 – 04/2012
- MA Public Administration (06/1978)
University of Puget Sound
- BA Psychology (06/1974)
California State University Northridge
- Kuhn, Barbara, Kerwood, Terry. (1998). Secondary Wood Products Industry Skill Standards Implementation Guide and CD Version. Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.
- Kuhn, Barbara, Kerwood, Terry. (1998). Secondary Wood Products Manufacturing Industry Skill Standards - Voice of the Industry. Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.
International Commerce I, II, III
- Bates Technical College – Marketing, Research, Operations, Management, and other key subjects required for certificate
- Certificate course series taught from 1990 to 2009
Green and Sustainability
- Bates Technical College – Business Strategies and Practices
- Research, developed curriculum and taught 100% online sustainability to educate businesses, individuals and communities about becoming more sustainable in their work and personal lives. Each of the two sets series of training resulted in certificates. Courses covered various models including Life Cycle, Triple Bottom Line, Carbon, and Systems Thi
- Bates Technical College – CNC. CAD, English, PLC, CAM, & GD&T
- Developed 100% online courses that led to an Associate Technology degree for 200 Chinese students located in Wuxi, China P.R.C. Supervised the curriculum development and teaching of technical faculty.
- Speaking level: None
- Reading level: None
Honors & Awards
- Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) (01/2008)
The NASBITE CGBP certification confirms knowledge in international trade and assures that employees are able to practice global business at the professional level required in today’s competitive environment.
- Certified Online Instructor (COI) Learning Resources Networks (LERN) (10/2007)
LERN is a education association specializing professional development for teachers and faculty, as well as consulting for administrators. The COI is the leading designation for online faculty in higher education.
- International Education, Faculty (10/1990 – Current) Bates Technical College
- Business Development Specialist (10/1986 – 09/1990) Economic Development Board Tacoma-Pierce County
- Business Owner/Entrepreneur (12/1982 – 12/1989)