Skills & Interests
- American Studies IITE Team
faculty leader 03/2012 – Current
- PhD United States History (06/2004)
University of California, Irvine
- BA History and Anthropology (06/1994)
- eds. Philomena Essed and Gabrielle Schwab. (2012). “Marketing Religion: The Cultural Politics Of Suburban Religious Revivalism” in Clones, Fakes and Posthumans: Cultures of Replication. Rodopi.
- (2010). “Punk, Metal, and American Religions” in Religion Compass. (vol 4, no. 7).
- (2009). Witnessing Suburbia: Conservatives and Christian Youth Culture. University of California Press.
United States History
- California State University, Long Beach – History
- United States Cultural and Religious History, Contemporary History, History and Theory, Social Science for Teachers
- Assistant Professor, Department of History (09/2006 – Current) California State University, Long Beach