1) Forecast quality control needs for Zambia's laboratory QA program.
2) Prepare quality control/assurance materials for medical laboratories.
3) Works with courier service providers to ensure distribution of QC materials to laboratories countrywide.
4) Supervise the implementation of QA procedures.
5) Conduct laboratory audits and assist with corrective actions.
6) Assist laboratory supervisors with preparation of inspection by lab accrediting agencies, investigating and resolving technical problems.
7) Research ways to improve the QA and QC programs and activities.
8) Train laboratory staff on quality procedures, maintaining the policy and procedural manuals for laboratory.
9) Prepare reports and other required documents and paperwork.
10) Read professional journals and other literature to stay current with the development in laboratory analysis, laboratory quality measures and technologies.
11) Maintain current and accurate records of all relevant communications, audits, corrective action plans, necessary for monitoring effectiveness of laboratories.
University of Zambia
National Laboratory quality assurance officer
Minisirty of Health