- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Members from Al’s institution
Materials from Al’s discipline
Members in Al’s discipline
Skills & Interests
Academic Support Services / Staff Development
I have put on staff developments on the following topics: ESL/Bil instructional strategies, 504/Special Education qualifications, Working with Difficult Parents, Creating Effective Classroom Management.
- Association of Texas Professional Educators
Retired Member 08/2005 – Current
- Masters Degree - Instructional Supervision Instruction and Mid-Management (Current)
Texas Southern University
- Teaching Credential/Certification Elementary 1st - 7th Grades (05/1978)
Sam Houston State University
- Bachlor Degree Journalism (05/1970)
University of Texas - Austin
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD – Schoolwide administration
- I was assistant principal until 2014 when I retired. I was 504 coordinator, Dyslexia coordinator, special education manager, PTO president, Fund Raiser coordinator, staff development, instructional supervision and evaluation, discipline management, safety and security management, facilities management, student registration coordinator.
- Houston Independent School District – Grades PK-5th Grades
- From 1992 to 1997 I was assistant principal in Houston ISD. I managed testing, discipline, parent/school events, teacher evaluations, school newsletters, and director of the HISD elementary school chess league.
Self-contained 2nd - 5th grades
- Houston Independent School District – All content areas
- From 1986 until 1992 I taught 2nd through 5th grades. All content areas in self-contained classrooms.
- TELPAS Testing, 11/07/2013
This provided information and materials to prepare staff for the TELPAS Testing Program for the State of Texas.
- Working With Difficult Parents, 01/07/2003
This workshop provided information CFISD instructional staff on how to hold effective parent conferences. I was a combination of slides and lecture information.
- Recognizing and Working with ADHD Students, 10/15/2001
Recognizing the traits of ADHD students and how to modify classroom environments and teaching strategies so they thrive academically and socially.
- Assistant Principal Retired (06/1997 – 01/2014) Cypress-Fairbanks ISD
- Assistant Principal (08/1978 – 06/1997) Houston Independent School District