Computer Science Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Computer Science Portal!
The aim of this portal is to provide you with useful education resources (e.g., animations, video lectures, online courses, open textbooks) for teaching/learning computer science. There are peer reviews and user ratings for your reference. Note that the resources are categorized based on the ACM/IEEE Computer Science Curricula 2013.
Please let us introduce a few popular education resources based on both peer review and user rating to you:
There are many others … Please explore the “Materials by Discipline”.
Computer networks are based on passing messages from computer to computer. This sounds simple in principle, but in practice all sorts of contention and bottlenecks can occur.This activity gives some first hand experience of such issues, with a game for a group of students.
Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research
The 2019 National Academies report "Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research" discusses the...
Good Digital Hygiene - A guide to staying secure in cyberspace
The explosive growth in the adoption of electronic devices by the general population (computers in various forms,...
Management of large sets of image data - Capture, Databases, Image Processing, Storage, Visualization
Digital Imaging provides the essential skills and knowledge you need to produce high quality data for your daily private...
Programming Fundamentals - A Modular Structured Approach, 2nd Edition
This book introduces fundamental computer programming concepts with a programming-language neutral approach, so that it...
Really Bad Powerpoint
Guidelines for effective use of presentations, particularly between engineering and management, including "Four...
Tutorial: Hello World with Apache Ant
This is a step by step tutorial for starting Java programming using the Apache Ant build tool. It does not contain deeper...
Citizen Science: Innovation in Open Science, Society and Policy
Citizen Science: Open Science, Society, and Policy is an excellent review of Citizen Science that brings together some of...
Machine Learning | Coursera
Machine Learning from Stanford University. Machine learning is the science of getting computers to act without being...
Android Developer Fundamentals (Version 2)
Android Developer Fundamentals (V2) is an instructor-led course created by the Google Developers Training team. In this...
UML Tutorial - Use Case, Activity, Class and Sequence Diagrams - Essential Software Modeling
This beginner's UML tutorial starts with a use-case then elaborates it into activity, class, sequence, and communication...
Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) Tutorial (Part 2 - Advanced)
Part 2 of tutorial for creating Entity Relationship Diagrams. This is more advanced and addresses Primary Keys, Foreign...
Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) Tutorial (Part 1)
Learn how to create an Entity Relationship Diagram in this tutorial. We provide a basic overview of ERDs and then gives...
How to Make a UML Sequence Diagram
In this step-by-step tutorial, we'll show you how to make a UML sequence diagram using Lucidchart. Sequence diagrams are...
Risk Management and COBIT 5
The COBIT 5 product family provides a rich suite of tools that can be leveraged to identify and improve all the proccess...
Computer System Engineering
This class covers topics on the engineering of computer software and hardware systems. Topics include techniques for...
Embedded Controllers Using C and Arduino by James M. Fiore
This text is designed to introduce and expand upon material related to the C programming language and embedded...
SQL for Data Analysis | Udacity
Learn to use Structured Query Language (SQL) to extract and analyze data stored in databases
Labeling for Big Data in radiation oncology: The Radiation Oncology Structures ontology
Purpose Leveraging Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Oncology Information Systems (OIS) has great potential to generate...
Web Design/HTML Challenges - Wikiversity
This resource gives us a complete challenge in web designs, being more specific on HTML designs and how to improve our...
Tutorial Python 3
Un manual para aprender a utilizar el lenguaje Python, versión 3.6.0.
Free Bash Book
This Bash Notes for Professionals book is compiled from Stack Overflow Documentation, the content is written by a...
What is this? The place to collaborate on an open-source implementation of the Java Platform, Standard Edition, and...
Free Android Development Book
This AndroidTM Notes for Professionals book is compiled from Stack Overflow Documentation, the content is written by the...
Python Tutorial: A Complete Guide to Learn Python Programming
Python tutorial for beginners to start learning from simple to advanced concepts of Python programming language in quick...
Debbie EhrlichUmonhon Nation High School
James BrownTexas A and M University System
Kulchitt VilaichittHome School
Frank AppunnThomas University
Arlo Customer service NumberArlo Security camera
Marce de Lucasmdelucas
Jefitha NyagaMount Kenya University
Toyeeb Olamilekan AboladeFEDERAL MEDICAL CENTRE, ABEOKUTA
Pradip MisraBagdad High School
Hafez Md Abdul KaderKushtia Polytechnic Institute
alvaro JimenezETSIINF UPM
Alfredo Anadon BaroUniversidad Politecnica Madrid Facultad Informatica
Paloma EstebanUniversidad Politécnica de Madrid
Enrique Caño VaqueroGrado en Ingeniería Informática
Materials by Discipline
- Algorithms and Complexity (45)
- Architecture and Organization (22)
- Computational Science (42)
- Discrete Structures (22)
- Graphics and Visualization (11)
- Human-Computer Interaction (139)
- Information Assurance and Security (25)
- Information Management (166)
- Intelligent Systems (403)
- Networking and Communication (73)
- Operating Systems (27)
- Parallel and Distributed Computing (7)
- Platform-based Development (11)
- Programming & Programming Languages (4075)
- Social Issues and Professional Practice (16)
- Software Development (46)
- Software Engineering (48)
Computer Science on the Web
Computer Sci on Twitter
- ICDM 2019 - CALL FOR PAPERS
Organizers of the 19th IEEE ICDM to be held in Beijing, China, 8-11 Nov. 2019, have is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- RT @HaroldSinnott: 3 Predictions for the #FutureOfWork
by #NobelLaureat #ChristopherPissarides
#EmergingTech #automation #AI #IoT #wef19…8 hours ago | rmit_csit
- RT @ResearchRMIT: RMIT's @DrRajeshRMIT talked to @RadioNational's Life Matters about healthy vitamin D absorption and how UV active ink cou…8 hours ago | rmit_csit
- RT @jsolnekfrazier: One of my favorite parts of coding is hearing the conversations Ss have while learning- they are stretching their brain…9 hours ago | codeorg
- ICDM 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
The 19th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining will be held in Beijing China, 8-… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…10 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- RT @exertiongames: 10 Lenses to Design Sports-HCI exertiongameslab.org/10-lenses-to-d…10 hours ago | rmit_csit
- RT @MsAshleyShanley: Today my 5th grade class worked on an assignment from @codeorg focusing on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. They used #varia…14 hours ago | codeorg
- A New Breed of Servers for Digital Transformation
This white paper explains the digital transformation journey that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | ComputerSociety
- RT @TeachCode: Are you interested in training the next generation of computer science teachers? Learn more about being a @codeorg facilitat…15 hours ago | codeorg
- Learn from India's Brightest Minds — Here are 300 Free Courses from IITs that are Starting Soon #MOOC #IIT… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…15 hours ago | MERLOTorg