This website is a tutorial that explains the basics of cancer and mutations. It is a simple introduction to what cancer...
Go to www.froguts.com
Click on demos
Click on begin
Follow the directions of the dissection and answer the following questions
1. What is the first step of the dissection process?
2. What is an abdomen?
3. Make a list of the organs found in the frog.
Go to http://www.abc.net.au/science/lcs/swf/heart.swf
Read through the introduction
Click on enter
Click on anatomy in the top left corner
1. Draw out the heart on your paper, label the names of the parts of the heart, and write the job next to each one.
Click on surgery on the top left corner and then click on intern right below it.
Go through the entire surgery by following the directions for each procedure.
2. Explain what you learned about open heart surgery by going through the actual surgery. (one paragraph)
Go to http://www.insidecancer.org/
Click on overview
There are eight tutorials and for each tutorial you are going to go through all of it and answer the questions. I have separated the questions for each tutorial.
1. Name at least three types of cancers.
2. How does cancer begin?
3. What happens to our cells as we get older?
4. Explain what a tumor mass is.
1. Cancer cells do not respond to what?
1. Explain the process of a cell dying or killing itself. What are the steps to programmed cell death?
1. How does a tumor get nutrition to continue surviving and growing?
1. What are telomeres and how do they work?
1. What is the cause of most human cancer deaths?
1. What are the two parts of the immune system?
1. What is genomic instability?
It looks like you have entered an ISBN number. Would you like to search using what you have
entered as an ISBN number?
Searching for Members?
You entered an email address. Would you like to search for members? Click Yes to continue. If no, materials will be displayed first. You can refine your search with the options on the left of the results page.