“Actin-myosin crossbridge animation”
Actin-myosin crossbridge animation
Feb 20, 2001
- The animation shows the interaction of actin, myosin, tropomyosin, ATP, Ca, Mg and troponin. The animation panel can run continuously to repeatedly show the events. A definitions panel provides a key to the molecules involved in this complex process of skeletal muscle contraction. It can be downloaded and played as a standalone. This animation of cross-bridge formation and sliding filaments graphically shows the molecules involved.
- (5) (5) = 5
- Well organized and easy to navigate.
- Thorough coverage of relevant concepts
- Listing of all molecules of relevance
- Ability to control speed, ability to enlarge image, and links to text description of molecules would be helpful
- (4) (5) = 4.5
- Quizzes provide students with additional information when answers are incorrect.
- Helps students identify basic concepts.
- (5) (4) = 4.5
- Clear, logical, and easy to use interface.
- Has appropriate vocabulary terms that are clearly defined Key and linked directly to glossary with audio pronunciation files.
- Interactive (to a degree)
- Creative Commons: