“Internet Advertising E-Commerce Calculator”
Internet Advertising E-Commerce Calculator
May 18, 2007
- This module provides a description of three types of Internet advertising and a calculator to calculate advertising revenue earned for each method.
- Type of Material:
- This module most closely resembles a drill and practice module.
- Recommended Uses:
- An online Calculator for Internet Advertising may be use in an E-Commerce Class or classes that stress the use of Internet Advertising.
- Technical Requirements:
- Browser only.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The goal is for the learner to understand three major types of Internet advertising and how the revenue is calculated.
- Target Student Population:
- Undergraduate student in an E-commerce or advertising course.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- The module concisely describes the three advertising revenue models of cost per impression (CPM), click-through, and commissions.
- The site does not contain some of the newer Internet advertising business models such as search advertising. The calculators appear to be providing erroneous results.
More information is needed, such as examples; what ar ethe goals, objectives and/or purpose of this application?
- The module could be assigned as a homework assignment to calculate revenue in various ways given certain assumptions.
- The module is very simple; it could be enhanced with additional and updated information.
- The module is very easy to use.
- The site is dated-looking (frames web design) with only basic text and links.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Good Idea and resource but needs more examples or activities to show how to use the calculator in Internet Advertising.
- Creative Commons: